Improving your Range of Motion in a Desk-Bound Career
June 7, 2023 — 11:45-12:45 p.m.
With occupations involving prolonged periods being seated, it is important to look out for potential aches and pains and know what to do when they occur. Prolonged periods of sitting are a part of the job, but pain shouldn’t be. This talk will go through some common injuries and ways to stay active throughout the day to manage aches and pains, and to prevent injuries from occurring. The goal is to help you move better in your own body, as every body is unique.
- How posture can relate to aches and pains and how to improve it.
- An explanation of why pain can radiate to different parts of the body.
- A breakdown of how and why injuries occur, along with functional anatomy discussions (temporomandibular disorder, neck, back, shoulder, wrists, and forearms).
- How to perform home self-assessments to determine injury.
- How to manage and prevent injuries.
- Simple exercises to perform throughout the day.