APEGA Investigations for Registrants
June 8, 2022 — 2:30-3:45 p.m.
Join Garth Jesperson, APEGA’s director, investigations, for an informative session on the role of APEGA’s Investigations Department and Investigative Committee in protecting the public when complaints alleging unprofessional conduct and unskilled practice are filed against registrants and permit holders.
The session will include:
- a discussion of the Code of Ethics and Rules of Conduct
- the role of staff investigators
- the role of the Investigative Committee and investigation panels
- case-statistic highlights
- an overview of investigative authorities and processes (from receipt of complaint through final disposition)
- investigation outcomes
- tools for protecting the public while investigations are ongoing
- allegations of “off-duty” unprofessional conduct
- a case study
- questions and answers