Keeping your Joints Happy and Healthy in a Physically Demanding Job
June 8, 2023 — 11:45-12:45 p.m.
With occupations that involve physical demands, it is important to consider maintaining and improving biomechanics to ensure you stay healthy and prevent any injuries. The large majority of injuries occur from overuse rather than from traumatic causes. This seminar will cover the common injuries that can occur from physically demanding occupations, along with how to prevent them. The goal is to help you move better and to stay healthy.
- How posture can relate to aches and pains and how to improve it. This involves lifting mechanics and how to ease the load when working for prolonged periods of time.
- An explanation of why pain can radiate to different parts of the body.
- A breakdown of how and why injuries occur, along with functional anatomy discussions (temporomandibular disorder, neck, back, shoulder, wrists, and forearms).
- How to perform home self-assessments to determine injury.
- Simple exercises to perform throughout the day.